Opening days and times for 2024
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the water temperature?<i class="vc_toggle_icon"></i>
Entre le 15 juin et le 15 septembre la température de l’eau du lac est relevée chaque année entre <strong>26°C et 28°C</strong>.
Can we get out of Base de Pop once inside?<i class="vc_toggle_icon"></i>
Yes, access around the lake, at the beach and swimming area is free. So you can get in and out of the site as you like.
Only access to paid activities is regulated.
Do the activities remain open in rainy weather?<i class="vc_toggle_icon"></i>
Yes, the rain does not hinder the operation of the activities, on the contrary the slides goes even better!
There are covered spaces to change and eat, and we lend free neoprene swimsuits on chilly days.
The water activities stops in case of a thunderstorm near the lake; But it never lasts long.
What means of payment do you accept?<i class="vc_toggle_icon"></i>
For activities we accept cash, bank cards, and holiday vouchers (ANCV).
For the Snack bar we accept cash and bank cards.
Note: Agencies dependent on the administration may also pay by bank transfer under 30 days.
Are there changing rooms and showers available?<i class="vc_toggle_icon"></i>
There are free changing rooms available but no shower.
Are pets accepted?<i class="vc_toggle_icon"></i>
Dogs or other pets are prohibited on the main beach, on the areas of activity and in the swimming area.
You can walk your dog on the trail around the lake on a leash.
If you want to participate in water activities, we advise you to leave your dog at home, there is no kennel to keep it.
Can I leave my children less than 18 years old without accompanying?<i class="vc_toggle_icon"></i>
Thepath around the lake, the beach and the swimming are free acess, so there is no ban on this point. This also implies that the responsibility of Base de Pop cannot be sought in the event of an accident, you remain responsible for the actions of the minors in your custody.
On the other hand, the access of minors to aquatic activities (Water Zone, Mini Pop Base, Boat rental) must be accompanied by an adult.
Can we make a barbecue or light a fire?<i class="vc_toggle_icon"></i>
No, it is strictly forbidden to light a fire or even a barbecue.
Do I need to book before coming ?<i class="vc_toggle_icon"></i>
No you don't need to book. Come anytime you want during the opening hours.
Tip: there are always a lot less people on grey or rainy days... Yet the activities work as well and the water temperature is always warm 😉
If you are a group of more than 35 people, contact us before coming, in order to receive you in the best conditions.
At what age can children come?<i class="vc_toggle_icon"></i>
- For the beach, and swimming there is no age restriction. The bathing is done under the responsibility of the parents.
- Il n’y a pas de limite d’age pour l’accès à la <strong>Base de Mini Pop </strong>à condition d’être accompagnés d’au moins un adulte.
- Les activités <strong>Water Jump</strong>, <strong>Water Zone</strong> et <strong>Location d’embarcations</strong> sont accessibles à partir de 6 ans sous condition de savoir nager sans aide à la flottaison.
- Les enfants de moins de 12 ans doivent être accompagnés d’un adulte majeur pour accéder à l’<strong>Water Zone</strong>.
- Children less than 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult in order to be able to rent boats.
is the park accessible to strollers and people with reduced mobility?<i class="vc_toggle_icon"></i>
The snacking area and the bathrooms are accessible and have the label tourism Handicap.
Access to the beach and swimming is done by a smooth, hard and not slippery path.
Are all devices provided for doing the activities?<i class="vc_toggle_icon"></i>
Yes, we provide you with all the devices and safety gear necessary for the smooth running of the activities. We even lend free neoprene swimsuits for those who want it.
You just need to bring your swimsuit and a towel.
What do the Tourism and Disability Tourism Quality labels represent?<i class="vc_toggle_icon"></i>
They are French and European labels that testify the quality of our facilities and services in terms of environment, sustainable development and accessibility.
Is fishing allowed ?<i class="vc_toggle_icon"></i>
Yes fishing is permitted under conditions:
- Having a valid fishing licence.
- Respecting the regulatory periods of fishing according to fish species.
- Releasing the caught fish (No Kill).
- Leaving no waste behind.
Can we picnic around the lake of Base de Pop ?<i class="vc_toggle_icon"></i>
Yes, you can picnic on the beach or on the picnic tables spread around the lake.
A picnic area has been set up inside the Mini Pop Base.
Notice that it is forbidden to picnic on the snacking area terrace. The tables and chairs of the snacking area are reserved for customers of the snack bar.
Can we camp or spend the night in a the car park?<i class="vc_toggle_icon"></i>
No, camping is prohibited on the whole site as well as camping-caravans in the parking lot.
Aquatic Deliriums Nature
136 chemin du lac
- From Bayonne (30 min): take the A64 towards Pau, then exit n ° 5 "Guiche".
- From Pau (40min): take the A64 towards Bayonne, then exit n ° 6 "Peyrehorade".
- After exiting the highway follow direction Guiche/Bidache or Base de Pop/Lac de Guiche.
- Tel: + 33 5 59 58 78 34
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recruitment: email@example.com